Thursday, January 7, 2010

Generosity


It amazes me sometimes how generous people can be. I was searching Youtube the other night and stumbled across an amazing band from Orangeburg South Carolina in the US, called I Nine. I listened to a few of their songs on Youtube.
.
The band has a delightful acoustic sound. The lead singer Carmen Keigans, looks and sounds a little like Jewel with a hint of Avril Lavigne every now and then but her sound is haunting and unique.
.
The following day, I went to my local music store and was disappointed that they were unable to locate the bands album to order in for me. I started a search on the web for somewhere to buy the album and found Carmen’s web site.
.
.
Not only does Carmen have a beautiful voice, she is a wonderfully generous person as well. When she found out I couldn’t get the album here in Australia, she e-mailed all the songs and a couple of bonus tracks to me.
.
I was blown away by Carmen’s generosity.
.
If you haven’t heard I Nine perform check out this link to the Youtube video of their song ‘Change Nothing’
.
.
Another of their songs you should look out for is ‘Seven Days of Lonely’
.
.
Thank you Carmen, you are brilliant.


1 comment:

  1. Right. It's one of the best albums I have ever heard. Just a stunning collection of songs. Carmen is an amazing singer and performer. Let's have another album!

    ReplyDelete