Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday # 5 In the Wake of the Mary Celeste

.
The Teaser Tuesdays meme is hosted by Should Be Reading. It's easy and fun. Open your current read at a random page and share two sentences from somewhere between lines 7 and 12. There's one important rule - no spoilers!

This weeks Teaser Tuesday tid-bit is 'In the Wake of the Mary Celeste' a picture book for older readers writen by Gary Crew (on of my all time favourite authors) and illustrated by Robert Ingpen.


This is an interesting picture book concept. It is written in the form of a letter to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle from Arthur Briggs, the son of the Mary Celeste's captain.

Excerpt:

It is too cruel.

I see you pause in your reading to shake your head,

thinking that I protest too much. If that is so, let me

remind you of why I cannot forget. Why I still feel

pain. Why, even as an adult, I still grieve for my loved

ones, daily ...

Happy reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment